Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's the day you don't believe anything you hear

Well, it's true :) Today is that ONE day I don't want to post any legitimate announcements.

It seems more and more gaming companies/websites are getting into the prankster activity each year. This is cool, but the more it happens the less likely you can get someone to fall for ANY of it. Bah. Too many pranks were attempted around the same time this morning....it's probably best to pull the pranks real early on April 1st or really late on April 1st. If you post it real late and they can't read it until the next morning it's not cheating, right?

On to other things.

I really can't wait for our new message board software. I just got admin access to an internal testing version yesterday and I do plan on putting it to good use this afternoon. We've been using the same version of UBBthreads for sooo long. It's time to get with the times!

Once we have a decent version running internally we'll have a better idea for a live publish date :) My goal is to give as much advance notice as possible since some downtime is inevitable. I dread the actual conversion process but I want to get it all done and over with. The quality of life features alone are to DROOL for. The only thing it doesn't have right now is a Dev Digest, and that is a concern of mine. It doesn't necessarily have to be a Dev Digest but we need SOMETHING just like it. All red name posts need to be flagged...we have to make it so official comments don't get lost in the mix. We'll get something worked out. I've seen the difference a Dev Digest can make now that Exteel doesn't have one. The Exteel one broke, and rumors (intentional or otherwise) run more rampant now. They are easy to debunk, but I would prefer it if we could remove that problem all together. And we will. I have the faith and the determination needed for that :)

No comments: